Choosing earrings for you new outfit! Let's do it right!
So, of course you know that earrings are the must have accessory. When chosen well, they can enhance your best features. Fine jewelry helps to add color and personality to any outfit. Let's see, how to choose modern earrings that will accent the beauty of your face, hair, and personality:
1. Choose Earrings that Match Your Face Shape
Look at your face shape. Here is a picture featuring main face shape types. Try to choose earrings that are opposite to the features of your face.
OVAL SHAPED FACE
Women with oval faces have foreheads that are as wide as the cheekbones. The oval face narrows from the cheeks to the chin. If you have such a face, you are a happy one cause you can wear almost every earring style. But there are also highlights, as e.g. oval shaped dangle earrings provide really striking look! Such earrings draw attention to the elongated face shape without adding any length or width.
Round faces have the widest point across the cheekbones, narrowing at the forehead and jaw line. Long geometric earrings are great for women with round shaped faces. Dangle and teardrop earrings would also be a great choice to elongate the face. It's better to choose elegant and feminine designs than massive ones with a lot of details.
HEART SHAPED FACE
Such faces feature a wider forehead, the cheeks further taper down to the chin. Long earrings with beautiful lines and curves are suiting in this case. They would balance out the face shape and draw attention to the eyes, cheekbones and jaw line.
Square shaped faces do not narrow much from the cheekbone to the jaw line, nor from the cheekbone to the forehead. Dangling and hoop earrings of elongated designs are matching for square shaped faces. Rounded designs would soften the cheekbones and the jaw line. Over-sized hoop earrings are also a great choice here!
Rectangular shaped faces are more elongated than the square face. Minimize the length of the face with long dangle earrings. Elongated teardrop dangle earrings will accentuate the cheekbones and add some softness.
Do you want a pair of earrings for all occasions regardless the face shape? Small studs are for you!
2. Choose Earrings Based on Your Hair Color & Length
If you have blonde or golden hair color, gold earrings would be especially beautiful on you. Dark haired women should rather choose platinum or silver jewelry. Red hair ladies should pay attention to rose gold earrings for stunning looks.
If you have short hair or have your hair up so that your earlobes exposed, there are not limits for you when choosing earrings. For long hair, the best choice is long earrings, sparkling to show them and make a statement!
3. Wear Earrings that suit your Lifestyle
Where will you be wearing the earrings? If these must be earrings for a conservative office, choose classic styles in gold or silver, no dangle or big hoop earrings. Free time will be enough to show your personality and forget about simple studs!
4. Choose Earrings that are in Tune with Your Style
Do you prefer a romantic style and enjoy feminine clothes? If so, choose earrings with rounded and curvy details.
For dramatic, or city chic styles choose earrings with straight edges, geometric jewelry in square, rectangular, and triangular designs.
Are you a creative type? Bright and sparkling dangles suit you well.
Do you prefer timeless classics? Simple, minimalist style hoops, pearl earrings in gold and silver, diamond studs work well then.
Natural types prefer small and simple, barely noticeable jewelry of plain designs.
5. Skin Coloring Matching
What season are you?
If you have warm (yellow or peach) undertones in your skin, you are a spring or autumn type, and so golds and copper metals look best on you.
If you have pink or blue undertones in your skin, then you are a winter or summer. Silver would make you look fabulous.
Surely you will choose some different earrings: for various occasions and outfits. But when keeping the simple rules, you can be sure: the earrings will help you to look your best!
I decide to add 5 rules more and one rule from me.
6. Consider the face shape: As i wrote before, choosing the right earrings for a woman should start with considering her face shape. Elliptical faces look great with long earrings that draw attention downwards, while round faces look better with earrings that draw attention to the cheekbones. Elliptical faces can also wear studs, while round faces should avoid them.
7. Choose the right size: It is also important to select the right size of earring. Small earrings look great on petite women while larger earrings look better on larger frames.
8. Choose the right metal: The metal of the earrings should match the woman’s skin tone. If she has warm skin tones, gold or red copper/brass earrings look best. If she has cool skin tones, silver or platinum earrings look best.
9. Consider the occasion: The occasion should also be taken into consideration when selecting earrings. Statement earrings are great for special occasions, while studs can be worn for a more casual look.
5. Find the right color: Color can also be an important factor when choosing earrings. Women should choose earrings in colors that compliment their skin tone and hair color.
6. Consider the clothing style: The style of clothing should also be taken into consideration when selecting earrings. Earrings that match the clothing style will look best.
Thanks for this information I am just about to pierce my ears and we’re going to go bye some earrings now.
Thanks for this blog..
I think this is one of the most significant information for me. And I’m glad reading your article. Thank you for sharing!
Are these earrings available for sale online? I was liking the long wave earrings in Gold or white gold, the white pearl with gold backings, also the first set of earrings are really pretty also, gold oval earrings.
If available, could you send me some details please, thankyou
Comments will be approved before showing up.
January 14, 2023
Thanks a lot for this article 🙏